Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Our Treasure


For those of you that know me well you know I'm such a terrible reader. It's not that I don't like to read, but I just don't make it as much of a priority as I'd like to. I start many a books and get halfway through them, and either never finish them or try picking them up ever so often (but by then I forgot what I last read so it kinda seems pointless to do that). Well, in the past couple weeks I've been reading this book about family traditions by Noel Piper (the wife of the well-known preacher/writer John Piper), and yes I have finished it! It's been so good and I have loved every minute of it! It's given me so many things to think about as far as establishing and creating traditions for our family, not just for the Christmas season but everyday of the year as well! I like to think I'm as orderly and organized with how our home is run as Noel talks about, but I realize I have many areas to improve in as well. But this book has definitely been an encouragement to me as I continue to grow and press on for the sake of the Gospel!

Another joy we've been enjoying this Christmas season is our Christmas music! I just ordered this CD and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! The kids are enjoying the music as well, which is so fun to see as well! I have loved being able to talk with Reed daily about Christmas and what we anticipate as we prepare to celebrate the birth of baby Jesus. At 3 years old, I can see him beginning to piece some of these great truths together, though I know it's also a little perplexing to him at times as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment