Thursday, November 27, 2008
Or Gobble, gobble would be more appropriate to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! Reed for some reason wants to say "boggle, boggle." We had a wonderful lunch with our friends, the Terrells and the Duncans. I took the camera with the intention to take pictures of all the kids at the kid table, but amoungst all the craziness never managed to get there. Oh well! After seeing the cute little hats the kids had made over there I thought we'd make a couple for ours to capture a "thanksgiving" picture! This was the best I could get at the end of a long day with little and no naps. We realize we have soooo much to be thankful for, even amongst often hard life circumstances! Today was a sweet reminder of the precious blessings God has provided and given us in our lives! Hope you all had a wonderful and blessed day as well!
Friday, November 21, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
- She loves to grab at (mine mostly) faces and laugh, giggle, "talk" (lots of vowels, maybe a couple consonants thrown in there!)
- She is so observant and alert, taking in all that is going on around her; especially when it comes to watching big brother
- She is responding to her name, smiling and looking when she hears it
- Smiles and laughs at Reed, it is so sweet to continue to watch them engage with one another; I know he is so excited for her to interact back with him
- Feeding about 4 times a day/every 4 hours......which on the flip side we also started the cereal; I know I have posted before that she has always been such a slow paced eater, but I think lately she is sooooo much hungerier! And unfortunately since the cereal is only in week 2 I can't just add all these other foods to her meals yet, so I'm afraid the hunger/milk demand is not up to par with the supply....so all that to say we've had to occasionally supplement after a feeding here and there with formula----the girl just finally decided she was hungry!!
- still a fabulous sleeper (typically 11-12 hours a night)! and usually a 2 -3 hour morning nap, 2 hour afternoon nap, and sometimes needs an hour or so in the late afternoon, and still ready for bed by 7/7:30!
- she has almost mastered rolling back to belly.....I think I need to put her on the floor more to completely help her master this skill; she has been rolling from her back to her side and almost making it to her belly, but just not quite all the way yet!
- when she is sitting in her bumbo on the table with a toy and then drops it, so cute how she looks and bends down like she is really trying to reach it! makes her look so big!
We love you sweet Emery-Claire and you are such a joy to us each and every day! Our family wouldn't be complete without you!!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Nana's Chicken Pastina Soup
1/2 c water
2 (14 oz.) cans chicken broth (I use low sodium)
2 1/4 c prechopped celery, onion, and carrot mix
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp salt
1 lb. chicken breast tenders (I usually boil them) cut up or pulled, whatever you like
1/4 c uncooked pastina (tiny shaped pasta; Kroger sells the brand Acini di Pepe)
3 Tbsp pesto (I have been making it from a receipe from my Betty Crocker cookbook, but you probably could buy some too)
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 c preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
1) Bring water and broth to boil; stir in celery mix, pepper, salt, and chicken, bring to boil. Add pasta, cook 4 min. Stir in pesto and juice,
and simmer 1 minute. Sprinkle your serving with the cheese....oh it's so good!!
So sweet sitting in Daddy's chair! We made Reed's shirt yesterday, thanks to my friend Rebekah's adorable idea! And he can't get enough of his turkey! She used white shirts and they looked so much better to show off the paint colors, but Walmart was out of his size so I got red...fall and festive I guess.
Friday, November 7, 2008
So here are a few pictures of the kids from the week:
Reed loving the warm weather outside and the leaves! We have several HUGE trees in our yard and leaves everywhere!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
That afternoon we met up with the Hardins to go trick-or-treating downtown. All the local businesses in our community participate in it all afternoon, so there are kids everywhere! It's really fun and such a cute idea! Reed LOVED saying "trick-or-treat" and was so in awe when someone would put candy in his pumpkin. At first he was trying to eat the suckers with the wrappers on them, but quickly would be out the door in order to follow the girls, Hannah and Leah ("Leela" as he calls her)! He was a trooper and so cute!