Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Yummy soup, first bites, and sweet faces!

Ok, so now that it's cold we LOVE to eat lots of soup! This has been my staple for about the past month or so, and I seriously can't get enough of it! I think I may have found the receipe in a cooking light magazine some time ago, but for some reason never really made it! So I thought I'd share it because it really is so good!

Nana's Chicken Pastina Soup
1/2 c water
2 (14 oz.) cans chicken broth (I use low sodium)
2 1/4 c prechopped celery, onion, and carrot mix
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp salt
1 lb. chicken breast tenders (I usually boil them) cut up or pulled, whatever you like
1/4 c uncooked pastina (tiny shaped pasta; Kroger sells the brand Acini di Pepe)
3 Tbsp pesto (I have been making it from a receipe from my Betty Crocker cookbook, but you probably could buy some too)
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 c preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese

1) Bring water and broth to boil; stir in celery mix, pepper, salt, and chicken, bring to boil. Add pasta, cook 4 min. Stir in pesto and juice,
and simmer 1 minute. Sprinkle your serving with the cheese....oh it's so good!!



Sunday I bit the dust and started some cereal with Emery-Claire. She'll be 6 months next week, and I finally think she is getting more of an appetite. She loved it! As you can see she is pulling the spoon to her mouth, and was so excited to eat! Ahhh, here we go! I decided it probably was time after her early wakeups 2 days in a row at 6:00 and 6:30am.....and she never wakes up much before 7:30am!
I guess it helps to go down as you suck those fingers in between each bite!
Reed loves sitting in EC bumbo seat???! So he decided to plop in it the other day and enjoy his snack.

So sweet sitting in Daddy's chair! We made Reed's shirt yesterday, thanks to my friend Rebekah's adorable idea! And he can't get enough of his turkey! She used white shirts and they looked so much better to show off the paint colors, but Walmart was out of his size so I got red...fall and festive I guess.Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. I love reed in the bumbo seat. SP gets in ruby's all the time too.
    I hope the cereal makes her sleep longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog and being able to keep up with your family:) and I so appreciate your comments on mine...a few words of encouragement go a long way! and I am sure you will be hearing a lot more from me as we get closer and closer to having a baby since we have no clue what were doing with a newborn:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shirt turned out so cute!!! And your soup sounds really yummy. I love soup all year round, but especially when it gets cold. I'll have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Erica! Thanks so much for your sweet note on our blog--isn't it so fun connect with people? Your blog is so cute and Reed and EC are precious. She has grown so much since I saw her at the wedding in July! You'll have to remind me of how you know Emily Herring...we are friends and did take that sewing class together! We'll be in Lexington the weekend of the 22nd and would LOVE to see ya'll. We'll be in touch! Oh, and I can't wait to try that yummy soup!! :)
    Love, Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that out outfit. Rosie gave it to me for Bella.

    ReplyDelete