Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School!

Our little man has officially begun "preschool!" After our (MY) toiling over what to do for this year, we decided we would do a 2-day a week preschool in a 3-year-old class. Reed will be 4 years at the end of next month and would "technically" make the Oct. 1st cutoff date for being in a 4-year-old class, but after reading, talking, etc. we decided it would be best that he be an older one rather than a younger one. And since that means we have 2 full years before kindergarten we are still weighing our options as what is going to be best for him and our family. Now onto our pictures!


He loved his orientation day that only lasted a little over an hour. So he is very excited to go back tomorrow! We walked in, he said hello to his teachers, and found the area where he wanted to play and went right to it! I said bye and was able to leave.....I have to admit I was surprised as he is typically timid and shy, especially in new settings and with new people....but yet so happy he did so well! I was so proud of him...and for me---no tears shed for either. Maybe already having done MDO last year once a week, it just seemed naturally time to go back and I suppose no big deal to "go to school". So I am excited for him to have fun this year and make new friends. Praying our little guy grows and changes in a good way this year. We love you big boy and so proud of you!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. So proud of our little guy! He's growing & changing more every day.
    You also handled your 1st day of preschool pretty well...(remember Miss Libby's & that picture we have of you standing under the sign)??? You were a little shy & tearful... (and I did cry as I drove away but you didn't see me)!

    ReplyDelete