Monday, April 26, 2010

9 Months of Mary Etta

Well, once again I'm over a week late updating how our girl, is once again, another month older! I cannot slow this down and I know in what feels like seconds we'll be celebrating her first birthday! I thought for grandparents and just my own documentation (by #3 it's harder and harder to make sure you are keeping up with "everything" about your youngest baby for sure!!) So here are 9 things we know and LOVE about our Mary Etta.......

1) She may be #3--and does appear as a sweet and easy baby to some, but she's not always "go with the flow" as you would expect a 3rd child to be.
2) She has 2 teeth (middle, bottom ones) and I think appears to be the most affected by teething---and I know this is normal for most parents, but I don't think I ever "experienced" teething with the first 2. They were just happy-go-lucky and it never affected their sleep. She naps and sleeps well at night more than not...but on her off cycles I can only gather it must be teething???? But how does one ever know?!
3) She LOVES her brother and sister! This is so fun about having older children is watching the baby just get so excited to see the older ones and really enjoy interacting with them daily! It truly is the sweetest thing!
4) Cuddler; yes she is a cuddler--which I so love! Not that I can hold and cuddle her all day long--I have 3 children 3 and under! So I savor when she wants to and really can't get enough of it!
5) She absolutely loves her Jumper!! A friend loaned me one this time around (I really don't know why I haven't ever bought one before now) but it excites her so much to jump and bounce---I hope no PTs and OTs will tell me this is horrible for bone/muscle development?!
6) Crawling---oh I believe we are on our way to a very mobile household! Not that it wasn't already active and mobile around here....but in the past week she is beginning to move forward with more and more "steps" (well hand movements forward--as before she was just sometimes sliding herself backwards). She is moving towards objects (slowly) she wants....here we go!!!
7) Fingerfeeding--Mary Etta loves to feed herself. I sometimes think she started quicker than the other two, or maybe I just forgot that was something do and then when I remembered she already was motor ready to do it?! I guess you do that with #3. Breads, avocados, bananas, puffs, mum mums......anything soft and mushy---she's ready to do it!
8) Stroller rides---we've found in the evenings (often all babies fussy times) now that it's warm if we take family walks she is so happy! Great way for us all to end then day!
9) Still the sweetest, smiliest, and best baby girl (as equal as her spunky big sis :)! We love her oh so much!! And to think I was freaking out about a year and a half ago when I found out I was pregnant (as Emmie was just 5 months old at the time)....but we sure can't imagine our family without her! The Lord has blessed us abundantly...so much more than we deserve! I'm in awe at His goodness and mercy upon our family!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. No way she is 9 months old!! SO sweet:) your family is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete