Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cleanse

So yesterday I mentioned starting this 21-day cleanse. I had wanted to try something of this sort probably a year or so ago, but wasn't really sure how to go about doing it. Now almost a year later I came across this book

so after ordering it, I thought it was a good plan and I'd give it a go! So today was Day 1. Let me preface by also saying the author mentions things such as meditation, etc. etc. (which I've totally skipped over and ignored). I just wanted a meal plan and a list of what to eat--without feeling I'm starving myself. On and off I've had some stomach issues--not as bad as some I know, but enough to cause me to be uncomfortable at times with things I'm eating. And now being in my mid-30s I am realizing (especially after baby #3) weight doesn't fall off one as quickly as it did 4-5 years ago. And I know for the most part I've lost it, but I could stand to loose a little more so my clothes just would fit better. And I exercise, but I know my "eating" plays such a role too. So my love for sugar, sweets, breads, etc. has to be put on hold--and maybe I'll feel better and jump start some better eating patterns after not having them for 21 days---or so I'm hoping! The main 5 things she says you are cutting out is...
*Sugar--not gonna lie, it's gonna be hard
*Caffeine--probably not too bad as years ago I switched my coffee to decaf, with the exception of occasional teas
*Animal products (meat, dairy, fish)--going to be interesting as well
*Gluten--oh bread!
*Alcohol--not too big of a deal since I don't have it all that often either

So today on day 1 this is what I've had, and so far so good (she has lots of recipes in her book--things I've maybe not prepared or had before, but at least lots of choices!).

Breakfast--oatmeal with blueberries and a little agave nectar and our "green Lemonade" from our juicer
AM snack--nuts and dried berries (though I'm not sure if the dried raisins, etc. are "allowed" so I may not eat them again)
Lunch--White Bean soup, hummus and raw carrots
PM snack--Apple & popcorn
Dinner--Black bean veggie burger (not bad--had some flavor to it), roasted asparagus, and a sweet potato

So all in all I feel pretty satisfied. But it's only day 1, so we'll see how the rest of the week goes!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE for you to post all 21 days...(in all your spare time:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool Erica! Want to hear all about it...keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to do one of these but never had the discipline. It sounds like you actually get to eat on this one though which I could probably handle.

    ReplyDelete