Saturday, March 21, 2009

The envelope, please......maybe??

Well, I suppose it's time to update everyone on the status of "the envelope". I know many of you have known we had the ultrasound results sealed in an envelope and were waiting to open them. My preference and desire was just to "not know" til July. My husband, on the other hand, was dying in anticipation to "know" what baby #3 was going to be! I have to admit that I gave in last Friday (yes, I know it's been a week and I'm just now posting about it). I think I wanted to pretend we still didn't know, when in fact he was not at all into the "waiting to know" as I was. And honestly it was taking the fun out of it to constantly be asked to let him see the results. So I felt it was time in all fairness to not keep him "tortured" over the unknown. So...............we did open it last Friday and it said............."GIRL!!"
Now I say all this hesitantly, because maybe it still will be a surprise. The pictures the tech gave us, well, I didn't feel they looked as clear as Emery-Claire's were last year. So I don't know I'm convinced she got a good picture of the gender area. But I know they do this daily and know what they are looking at, so more than likely I do feel it probably is a girl (as days before opening the envelope I really began "having that feeling".) And my best friend from high school, who is my exact age, got pregnant when I did, is also having girl......so I just got that "feeling". But all in all we could still be "surprised" in July I suppose if the tech was not accurate in her picture taking. But I honestly am happy and content no matter what she/or he possibly is, just as long as we know they are healthy and growing strong!

7 comments:

  1. yay! it will practically be like having twin girls-so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very exciting! the girls will be such great friends being so close in age and i am sure reed will be the sweetest big brother! congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That will definitely make the clothing situation much easier! Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That's great. Now you can use Sarah Elizabeth :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! Another little girl...how much fun! Reed is going to have a serious older brother role to play!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    almost twins!
    that will be fantastic. Any names yet?
    I think Emily fits great with EC.
    are you going to dress them the same , please say yes.

    ReplyDelete