Sunday, April 12, 2009

Resurrection

Today we celebrate the hope in the glorious truth that our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, died and rose again! As much as we daily talk about the Gospel, read Scriptures, pray, it amazes me how impacting this day always is each and every year for me. The powerful chorus and church body singing praises to our Great and Almighty God never cease to humble my heart at what a wretched sinner I am, so undeserving of such mercy and grace.

But as we sang "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" this morning and my eyes filled with tears, I couldn't help but think to the other special meaning of today, April 12.....1979. For many of you who know about my sister born 3 years after me, this was the day of her birth. She was born was severe brain damage, and lived an amazingly 22 years of life. This June, will be 9th anniversary of her death. Being a sibling, especially the oldest sibling, to a child with special needs I know has sculpted and molded me in probably many ways. I was never the one to "need" to talk much about it all, I mostly kept it all to myself. My younger two sisters were definitely more verbal and vocal with their thoughts and feelings about the impact of her in our family. But I've realized being a mother and having my own children, well, it impacts me in more ways than I've known over the years. And today focusing on the Lord Jesus' perfectly restored body as He rose from the grave, truly filled my heart with joy to picture so many broken bodies restored perfectly one day to the way God intended them to be! What a sacrifice we have to rejoice in, to think to the day when we too will be risen to live and be with God the Creator forever!

May this Easter impact each and every one of you as well!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know that about your sister. Thanks for sharing. Praise the Lord for Jesus! Your family is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is and was a honor and great joy to be mom to stephy and you and your sisters....thanks for sharing some of your heart's hidden thoughts about our stephy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can i have copies of all the easter pics???? they are wonderful

    ReplyDelete