Sunday, November 29, 2009

Gobble, gobble!




Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had Gigi (my mom) come for a visit, and Pops (my stepdad) stopped by briefly before heading to visit with his elderly parents. We all had a blast being together, and it was kinda nice and low-key as well. These are the only actually "turkey day" photos...obviously I didn't take very many. But have several other ones from the weekend to put up later, since we played outside in the leaves lots and put up all the Christmas decorations. Casey and I actually made our "first" Thanksgiving meal together (mom didn't arrive til about lunch) so we are proud to say we took on the cooking! We did create several easy shortcuts but some other "sides" we put more effort into...but all in all it turned out pretty good! We made a turkey breast in the crockpot--so easy and tasted really good (but I think we almost left it in there just a little longer than we needed to, since it had a slightly dry taste). But if that is worst thing that could happen, well, I feel that is pretty good!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. you need to tell me all about the turkey in a crock pot. I cant make anything turn out good in a crock pot. I started calling it a crap pot.
    glad your thanksgiving was good!

    ReplyDelete