Monday, July 21, 2008

2 Months Old!

Yesterday, July 20th, our sweet girl turned 2 months old! I know I probably say this over and over, but my how it flies by the second time around! Every time she seems to do something new I think, is she just doing this really fast....did Reed do it that soon?! I think having #2 the days do go by so much quicker, you are in the ongoing fast pace of life, so when you waited forever for #1 to the new skill, before you realize it #2 is doing it, and you want to say "wait.....it's not time for that already!" Everything she seems to do creeps up on us....I guess because we don't have time to just sit and gaze all day long at her waiting for that new skill to emerge!
So many new things we have seen Emery Claire do in the past month: smile, coo, she loves to talk and smile with us; it's so fun! She is so observant to her environment, looking around and taking it all in!
She also loves watching this colorful mobile! It's funny how I seemed to have forgotten several baby things....mobile, play gym, etc. And read some sort of article online and realized...oh yeah she'd probably enjoy those things, how could I forget to pull them out?! I'm sure b/c I knew initially she was just sleeping, but now in her awake and alert times, she definitely loves those things to look at and watch.
Friday was EC 2 month checkup....Dr. Simon said she looks great and is growing healthy and strong! I was sure she was over 10 lbs. by now, since at 2 months Reed weighed 12 lbs.,7 oz. (75th percentile) and 23 1/2 inches long (75th percentile).....well, she surprised me by only being 9lbs., 14 oz (25th percentile) and 23 inches long (75th percentile)! He said she was just a long and lean girl; no concerns by her slightly smaller size than brother! I definitely think she has longer legs and arms than Reed did; or either they may just seem that way b/c she is leaner than he was. But she is not as an aggressive eater as him--he was on the dot, to the hour had to eat! She can go 3 1/2-4 hours sometimes in the day, and will go between 5-7 hours at night.....so she gets her fill, but I know she is satisfied even though it may seem less than him, and I guess that is the important thing!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment