Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Our girl is 7 months!


Well, here is another catchup post.....since it's December 31, Emery-Claire did turn 7 months about a week and a half ago! I've been so immersed in sickness it is hard to think of all the things she normally is doing. Obviously since not feeling well, she has been more fussy and clingy. She is just a tiny, petite little girl. She is doing well and enjoying her solid foods. We've had sweet potatoes, carrots, apples, pears, prunes, bananas, and green beans. We have been stuck there since she's been sick, and had to lay low on some of the solid foods.
She still needs help with sitting up, and I try not to be concerned because motor wise I feel she is going to be at a slower pace than Reed was. At her 6 month, 2 week old checkup, she was only 12 lbs., 5 oz. (since that has been several weeks ago I feel she had put on some more weight, well, until maybe the virus hit!) So she is just a little girl and feels more like a 5 month old to me. I know when she's ready she'll begin to sit by herself, take an interest to be up on all fours and attempt to move. But most of the time she is a happy girl, and continues to love for everyone to talk to her and interact with her. She loves watching Reed, and laughs and giggles at him, as he does with her. She is just mellow and seems to sit back and soak it all in, babbling some, but I feel is often more quiet than Reed was. And what's funny is I felt worried about Reed's speech development at times!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Oh Erica! I just caught myself up on your blog and it sounds like you guys had a rough Christmas! I have heard rotavirus is THE WORST. Thankfully Mommy didn't get it! What would you have done!!!!! Here's to a HEALTHY new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's so cute!!! and i just saw your shirt you made for reed on the last post--NICE work! you are doing so great with your sewing. i hope y'all are all on the mend.

    ReplyDelete