Saturday, July 16, 2011

Happy 2nd birthday Mary Etta Caroline

Today this sweet baby girl turns 2 years old! It's been a whirlwind of a past couple weeks, and we've been on a family vacation.....so her birthday was celebrated while we were out of town this year. At least she is just 2, and still doesn't quite understand the whole birthday thing at this point.

So onto the birthday........mainly my baby is 2! I think for the past 4 1/2 years I've constantly had a baby....so I really can't believe the youngest is 2! She is so fun, so full of life, and the sweetest little baby ever! But boy is this little girl becoming way too independent for her mama. Just this week she decided to pee on the potty.....seriously?! She is asking to go everytime we change her diaper---and I have so not encouraged this either. After spending the past 2 summers potty training people, I thought I'd take this one a little slower, but I don't know she may have her own agenda here. And then while on our vacation this child was swimming like a little fish! She did have on her lifevest, but she figured out how to kick her legs and quickly propel herself from the spot to where she jumped in the pool back over to the steps. Amazing! She is quite independent these days--making her seem more like a little girl and less of a baby. Sigh. So we had a family lunch, then family trip to see "Winnie the Pooh" movie (both girls first movie theatre experience)--and she did great! Sat so still and loved every minute of it! Then after her afternoon nap I took her to Publix to get a birthday cupcake and balloon. We sang, helped her blow out the candles and open a couple small presents. So all in all she had a great day I believe! Happy birthday baby girl, what joy and life you bring to our family; we are so thankful for you and love you so much!





No comments:

Post a Comment